Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Boy’s Warm-up Sets Recalled by Fashion Options Due to Strangulation Hazard

"WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed."


 This reminds me of an incident yesterday I had with Hansel regarding a draw string in his hooded PJs. I was playing with him and turned around for about a minute and when I looked back, he had the draw string criss-crossed around his neck. Now he wasn't pulling on it, so it was not tight. If he had though and I had not been paying attention, it's possible I could have been giving him CPR. I felt really bad about it because I'm normally careful about what clothes he has on and such. Sadly though, This particular item was made by his grandmother and I'm sure she wasn't even thinking  about that possible hazard would happen when she made it.


 I must caution use of any draw strings on very small children's clothing and I would recommend companies, parents etc. do not even put them on such clothing. I'm glad I caught the possible hazard in time and learned something new. Children can get themselves in the worst situations that you would never think they could in a very, very short time.


The link below provides more info for the recall just in case you happen to have this product in your home.


http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10047.html


I will be automatically posting this site on my blog from now on to keep @homes informed on future recalls.



0 comments:

Post a Comment